Insurance for pop up shops and cafés – we can help!

Pop up shops are a great way to start or boost a business and over the last ten years have gone from being relatively uncommon to being part of everyday retail life, used by a wide range of industries.

When you decide to open a pop up and have found your ideal location, agreed terms on a short term lease and signed the contract, the next step is to fit out your property and stock it. Whatever kind of store you intend to open you will need a retail insurance policy that covers your stock and contents. A good insurance policy will protect you against damage to contents and stock, loss of profit, insuring your money, employer’s liability, public and products liability and legal protection cover.

Most insurance policies will not cover you for less than 12 months. That can prove to be very costly if you are only opening your pop up for a few days, weeks or months.

Damage to stock; having to close for a period of time for repairs; a customer slipping over in your shop; even a car crashing through your shop front! – anything that impacts on your business can be a costly experience and it’s essential to have the right cover in place to make sure your business is protected. Suitable insurance cover is also a requirement of most pop up leases.

At Popupspace we have exclusive access to specialist pop up insurance with the UK’s largest insurance company Aviva. Pop Up Insurance protects a wide range of customers, and has recently been extended to include cafes, coffee shops, tea rooms and takeaways* alongside a huge range of shop trades.

Pop up insurance is tailor-made to your individual needs and costs depend on location, duration and proposed use. To get a quick, no obligation quote just fill out the form on our website

* Subject to a customer obligation document for cooking equipment which would apply to all pop up insurance policies.

This entry was posted in London pop up shops, pop up shops, Short term insurance and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.